John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a wireless canon mx490 series printer .I'm trying to

Customer Question

I have a wireless canon mx490 series printer .I'm trying to connect to my laptop.but each time I get to where you put in network security key it says it's wrong.I called my IP to verify it.It is correct.What am I doing wrong? JR in Carolina
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Your ISP typically has no knowledge of or control over your network password, so I would not expect they could verify that for you properly, it isn't their responsibility.

If you are not sure if it, I can help you determine what it is.

If you are, you may be entering it wrong, it is case sensitive and can be difficult to enter numbers, caps, and symbols on the printer properly.

How far is the printer from the router?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not have a router.jr