John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

MY canon mx 450 has worked great a year, but now I can't

Customer Question

hI- mY canon mx 450 has worked great for over a year, but now I can't print- gives me a message that the printer is "in error" state. What do I do to fix?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no, never done it. had it about 2 years, I would guess. Just recently changed wireless router, however- went from Verizon FIOS to Charter Cable co. Could that be the problem.?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried? What confuses you?
Customer: and my roommate has recently been using my printer quite a bit with a usb cable plugged into port in the back to print off her laptop
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: but I have used printer from my computer wirelessly a lot since she first start hooking up her computer to print with usb cable, and it has always continued to work fine until now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you check the printer display and let me know, if you see any error message or code on the printer ?