Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I installed a new black ink cartridge on my 3620. Now the

Customer Question

I installed a new black ink cartridge on my 3620. Now the compartment that holds the cartridges is stuck in the far right position. I can't open the compartment and it won't slide left, so everything is printing out blank.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson WF-3620. The ink has 252 on it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Basically a non-tech inclined persons troubleshooting. Just turning it on and off lol.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. That's it, thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check whether you did not (or, yes, 'did') insert the cartridge all the way into its socket.

Also check whether, perhaps, a catch or cover over the cartridge needs to be pressed down into place (- I say this as a 'perhaps', since I cannot quite picture this model's cartridges.)

And if you cannot do those steps, then turn Off the printer. Open the top cover. Gently try to pull the carriage into view.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't check if it is all the way in its socket, because it is so far to the right. There is a teeny tiny kind of plastic lip that the right edge of the cover is under, so I can't pop it open. If the cartridge cover were literally an eight of an inch to the right, I would be able to open it.
Turning it off now.

OK. Try pushing it a 1/8 inch to the right first.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Turned it off. It moved to the left when I turned it off, so I removed the cartridges and put them back in. It says the print head nozzles may be clogged, but its a brand new cartridge of black.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm a dumbass. I think I just figured it out.

I'm glad if works now - the clogged nozzles may indicate the wrong type of cartridge, and may require some Print Head Cleaning cycles be run on the printer to cure it.

Or, you may have forgotten to remove protective tape, perhaps?

If your printer is working now, please rate my answer. Thanks.

(I apologize for posting to the wrong case by mistake just now.)