Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just bought a new out of box epson expressions 1680

Customer Question

i just bought a new out of box epson expressions 1680 special edition flatbed scanner. i have been running for printan epson 1430 making art giclee type prints. i'm using photshop elements 11 on an older macbook(offline) as a work horse. i've been making great prints but now i want to capture my own images from my own artwork. i can scan but the image. my macbook would not open then epson scanner disc provided. said it was too old or not in service. my macbook does have it's own image capture app. so basically i can scan an image but the image is not elements photo bin ready.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
mac is at work, not with me. OS is 10.7.?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Your mac does have an image capture app.. To launch it, go to your finder / spotlight / magnifying glass and type image capture.

Thats step 1.. The most important step is going to this website

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=27543&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

And you must download and install the ICA driver for your epson scanner.. Once installed, restart your mac.. And then you will be able to scan using the image capture app.

If youd like me to connect and set this up for you when you are near the scanner again, let me know. Otherwise, the above steps will get you through the setup process.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i do not wish to participate in any service program with Just Answer on any regular monthly basis. i do not wish to have my credit cards charged monthly or any other regular withdrawal. i do need help but i do not wish to keep getting drawn in piece by piece. remember.....no charges.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

If you inadvertently signed up for the membership ( monthly program ) you can cancel that with a few clicks.. heres how.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl

Keep i mind, you can only turn off the monthly subscription, if you activated it.

Dustin S.