Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sharp XG ph70x false errors cover not on securely and lamp

Customer Question

Sharp XG ph70x false errors cover not on securely and lamp failure errors
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is an unusual item before I go further I'd like to know if you have an experienced knowledgeable tech on this product
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Projectors and DLP TV's share identical errors- the Lamp chamber has a micro switch, and the lamp cover has a micro switch located right behind it. Both are wired in series. Either switch being OPEN or having FAILED will trigger the errors. That said- Why is it that you think the errors are false please?

Also did you just recently replace this lamp? If not when did the issue occur?

If so, where did you purchase the lamp from and for how much?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have replaced lamp before with no problem. This time ....we are getting error condition...expensive lamp 63.00 us
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All lamp and door switches have been thourly checked
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. Please elaborate. You're saying the error came up after you just swapped the lamp yes?

If so, do you have the old lamp there and as a TEST can you put it back in the projector just to see if those error lights go away.

Sorry, but I'm also curious HOW exactly you "checked" the switches???

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

First- the OEM lamp for this projector (Osram) runs for about $175- so the one you have is a copy and the most common cause of this error.

Secondly, to test the switches, you actually need a multi-meter to test for continuity across the contacts both when the switches are open and closed- so are you sure you did that?

Please try the old lamp test as this will shed much more light on this problem. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have changed multiple lamps multiple times...we have 3 projectors we even swapped with known good lamp. Switches were checked with fluke multimeter
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also am a 30 year certified electronics tech.just don't have experience on this type of unit I'm looking for someone whose had direct hands on contact with this type of unit