VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a cannon imageclass MF227dw. It has been working

Customer Question

I have a cannon imageclass MF227dw. It has been working fine, we had a power surge (I have a surge protector) and since then I cant print. Scanner & copier work fine. I've uninstalled & reinstalled to no avail. Odd thing though, when I shut down the printer & computer & restart it, if there was a print job waiting it prints it out as soon as everything boots up. But I can't print anything on command.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its new 1 month, and has not done it before.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've run the one on my computer & it doesn't have any solutions. Just tells me to ask the community or get a tech.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that is it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

What is the exavt date of purchase of the printer? Is there a warranty on the Printer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Purchased May 17, 2016 & the standard 1 year warranty.

OK. There are some steps to try. But if they fail, you will need to take your printer to a Service Center to be repaired.

What is the closest Major City Nearest you, just to be on the safe side?