John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a HP Officejet 4630 All-in-One Series...I was using

Customer Question

I have a HP Officejet 4630 All-in-One Series...I was using ink cartridges that I had purchased over the net several months ago...the black ran out, and I put in another cartridge that I had purchased over net...I'm getting the message on my printer the "ink cartridges must be replaced"...Please help ASAP...I have a project that I must finish tonight!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, what brand Ink did you buy? And is the printer not working at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I ordered HP came in new boxes labeled LDCompatable INK Cartridge...and they were ink cartriges that I'm sure were used and then re-filled
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the cartridges themselves matched in style as my original HP ink cartridges...I'm 86 Tim, and all this "baiting and switching" is familiar in many areas of my life...I get so tired of having to deal with internet situations like this...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the printer will not work...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you could do that, that would be fine but why are these ink cartridges "programmed" to not work?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please do all you can to keep my charges low
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Clarify to me what is happening...I just need to use my printer that has "new" (apparently used and refilled) cartridges in it and it will not print...the message is: "the following ink cartridges must be replaced"
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you do SOMETYHING to my printer that will bypass that message and print for me??
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for the delay

Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

your payment failed for remote assistance for some off reason.

Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Right, I think the problem is that the cartridges are Used. You can try taking them out and cleaning the print head (the bottom of the cartridge)

Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Like this.

If that does not work, id buy brand new cartridges, half the time these :refills" do not work, who knows how many times these have been refilled.

Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

There is also a print head cleaner utility your printer can run, but you are better off using the method above.