WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician

I am having items printing out with all the wrong colours on

Customer Question

I am having items printing out with all the wrong colours on them. They are coming out green and this is probably because the yellow and blue cartridges are newly installed. I have carried out a head clean already but the problem is still there. The black and Magenta cartridges are getting close to being replaced but I cannot open the changing drawer. How do I do this please?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since I installed the blue cartridge last week!
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried the head cleaning to unclog any blocked nozzles but feel that if I install new black and red cartridges it may solve the problem: the only thing is I cannot get the printer to move the cartridge drawer to enable me access to take out the nearly used cartridges......
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson StylusOffice BX305FW Plus and am using standard cartridges which I have always used and not had a problem with before now. I have had the printer for 4 years...
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

Since you have already ran the printhead cleaning tool, the problem is due to the malfunctioned print head and will require a replacement print head. Check first to see if you printer is under warranty that way it can re replaced. They cost about $50 and sometimes better to purchase a new printer for close to that price.