Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

IP 6600d printer. Message print head is not installed so

Customer Question

IP 6600d printer. Message print head is not installed so removed and put back in to no avail. Cleaned nozzles etc but horrible color. Fairly old so time to replace??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

We first see if we can get it running again, though it will be likely be short lived in my experience.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will do
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Prints now but colors all washed out and makes all kinds of strange sounds. What do you reccomend for a photo printer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, it will be a faulting printhead, these are the symptoms you will be getting.

Due to its age, I would advise against a repair, in the long run it is not worth it especially with printers the price they are.

I would advise on then Epson WorkForce WF-2630

Its priced at $50 and provides all functionality you could need for a printer.

you can get it via my link below

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you