John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Canon Color Imagerunner C3380/C3380i. When I scan

Customer Question

I have a Canon Color Imagerunner C3380/C3380i. When I scan documents and attempt to send them to my e-mail, I now get "Resending" on the display three times and then an error message "Check the Server." What does that mean and how can I correct it? Scanning and sending to my e-mail has always worked perfectly and effortlessly, until now. Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email service you are using for scanning to email?

And the exact values you entered in for the account, on the copier?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I normally use GMail, but--thinking the failure might be with GMail's server--tried scanning and sending to my Yahoo e-mail and to my wife's ATT e-mail. Same result each time.

I do not know what you mean by "exact values." Are you referring to some setting screen into which my e-mail address was entered, perhaps some numerical address for my copier, or what?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

The settings you use (minus the password) on the copier for your email account,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Forgot to mention that my GMail has continued to work properly on my computer (sending and receiving) throughout this problem.

I cannot find a screen display associated with SEND that reveals more than my GMail account:***@******.***. I believe there are some relevant settings and screen displays not accessible to me. When I changed my e-mail password ***** my computer about a month ago, I was unable to receive scans. Had to call tech support where we bought the copier, they obtained remote access, seemed to wind their way into software programs I was not familiar with, and then asked me to enter my new password ***** one of the prompts, save, and then it worked. $75. The procedure they used was not available to me on my computer or copier. I'm leaving now for a dental appointment.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

which software are you using to scan to email?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.