Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer

My Brother MFC-9130CW keeps giving me !DRUM I look and it

Customer Question

My Brother MFC-9130CW keeps giving me !DRUM I look and it says Slide the Green Tab on Drum Unit I have done this many time but it will not correct. What do I need to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD, and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Your printer is asking you to remove the drum, push the tab and pull it out. It's probably going to be dirty, so do the following:

Wipe down the exterior of the drum to remove loose toner. Moisten a cotton ball with 99 percent pure isopropyl alcohol, and then use it to clean off any patches of toner that have adhered to the drum. Clean off the print rollers with a toner cloth or lint-free cloth.

- Tim

Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

I'll check back later and see how things are going.