Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a Canon MX410 Printer. I had no problem using it

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX410 Printer. I had no problem using it for several years. For some reason, I'm not able to use it now.
When I print, the computer connects to the printer wirelessly, starts to download/spool, then goes to Pause. When I resume from Pause from the computer, it starts again then pauses.
I've tried to reinstall the drivers, but the computer says the software isn't available from Canon. So I seem to be stuck.
Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I have a Mac with OS X software version 10.7.5

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Allright.. Ive sent the offer for remote support.. If youd like me to connect to your mac and fix the issue personally, click and accept that offer.

Other wise, reject the offer and we can continue via written support alone.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I accepted the offer of remote support.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

It still shows pending on this end.. Did you click the offer for more help, and then click to accept it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I've accepted several times now.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

It must be some type of site error.

lets go ahead and try to connect.

To start the connection, lets make a settings change first to allow our connection app to work. heres what to do.

Then please click this link

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button..

It should then download a java elsinore bootstrapper client to your downloads folder.

Click the down arrow at the top right of safari or firefox and open your downloads, double click the java bootstrapper file.

Open it, install it, and if java pops up asking you to run it, click run. That will connect us.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know so I can help you!

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hello again.. I never heard back from you.. Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.