John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Swapped out Canon Pixma MX882 with our backup PIXMA MX882,.

Customer Question

Swapped out Canon Pixma MX882 with our backup PIXMA MX882,. Have set up wireless (solid blue light on WiFi). My Apple MacBook Pro says "the printer is not connected". What am I missing?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We bought both the MX882s about 4 years ago. we saved one for a backup and decided it was time to make it our primary. Hasn't done it before as I have used hardwire when I needed to use the printer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Verified the wireless was connected, and checked out the printer/scanner via system preference. After that I'm lost
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all I can think of for now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

To access a printer wirelessly from a computer, the printer and the computer needs to be connected to the same wireless network.

Did you connect your printer to the wireless network via the printer's control panel?