Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a old HP Photosmart 8250 printer. it will not print

Customer Question

I have a old HP Photosmart 8250 printer. it will not print do to error and display reads Please insert card. I am not using a card. I need to print a letter
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
error 0xc18a020a
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on this site, I have worked with this printer model many times in the past, the problem you are facing is generally caused due to a defective card slot of the printer. Replacement of the card slot is not a good idea as the printer model is too old. You might try doing an Ink System Reset. To do this, remove the ink cartridges. Close the carriage access cover. Follow the Hard Reset instructions in the following the steps below. Once the printer powers back up and indicates that one or more of the ink cartridges are missing, re-seat one of them and close the access door until the cartridge registers. Repeat the process until all cartridges are reseated.

Hard Reset:

Take out the toner/cartridges

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector)

Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Let me know the outcome