Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Brother 2440 all lights flashing. Just two days. Checked in

Customer Question

Brother 2440 all lights flashing.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just two days.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Checked in back and front covers. Changed toner to new one.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: How much does he charge.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Guarantee results?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the followings:

Solution #1:

1. Power off the printer
2. Open the printer's front cover
3. Press and hold the GO button and press the Power button to turn on the printer (while still keep holding the GO button)
4. When all 3 lights light up, release the GO button.

5. Press the GO button twice (The Ready light will blink green every time you press the GO button)
; then all of the lights will light up.

6. When lights are solid, press the GO button 5 times (The Ready light will blink green every time you press the GO button)
7.. Ready light will turn red. And/or the Error light will start blinking
8. Close printer's front cover.

9. Wait a bit, and the Ready light should be on and solid.

10. Then see if you can print now.

Solution #2:

- If needed, please try the factory reset method below:

1. Check that the front cover of the printer is closed.
  2. Turn OFF the Power switch of the printer.
  3. Press and hold the GO button, and keep holding it down, as you turn on the Power switch.
  4. When all the LED lights light up and the Ready LED light turns off, then you can release the GO button. (Make sure that all the LEDs turn off.)
  5. Press the GO button 10 times. The Ready LED will flash while the printer is reset. After the printer is reset the Ready LED will be lit.

Solution #3:

- If needed, please check for paper jams; please click on the website below for instructions / illustrations:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2240_us_eu&ftype3=1969

- If needed, please click on the website below for information about the LED error lights.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2240_us_eu&ftype3=1968&faqid=faq00000170_020

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,