littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

The touchscreen on my Epson 730 printer is no longer

Customer Question

The touchscreen on my Epson 730 printer is no longer responding to touch
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model is Epson Artisan 730
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried unplugging it and replugging it
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It's about 3 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The IC has gone out that controls the touch sensitivity on the screen. This isn't something that can be fixed at home, it will need to go to Epson. Click here. This will tell you the nearest store. If they deem it's too expensive to fix, they will offer you a brand new printer at an incredibly discounted price. They like to keep their customers, so they will give you a loyalty coupon code.