VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

Few hours I put the printer on pause as it was printing out

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: for a few hours I put the printer on pause as it was printing out reams of something on line I had no idea would go on and on and waste paper. I have gone into the "what's printing now" box, eliminated everything in the cue, unplugged the printer and even used it as a copier hoping that switching it back to taking commands from the computer might do it. I have clicked on EVERYTHING I can see or think of.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an HP Photosmart C4580 and it's probably 9-10 yrs old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging it from the outlet, photocopying something to "trick" it when I brought it back to work off the computer, going into the printer status box and deleting everything in the cue and clicking on everything I could see or think of clicking.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Only my thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue. When did this issue first start?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no where on the e-mail you've sent me do I see anything to click on to access your response

Hold a moment. Here in the Chat there is no need to read an Email. I am currently asking a question of you. Can you see that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ambiguous..."see" what?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
by clicking on the "basic" which is free for a limited period of time I am hoping I'm not going to be automatically enrolled and charged after that limited period is up

When did this issue first start?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
really disingenuous that on a second exchange when a potential client doesn't understand the system or protocol of communication that you immediately "offer" a thirty nine dollar "solution". Good Bye.

Please Note: JA sends that because some folks prefer to have Secure Remote Assistance. I did not send that, JA did, Sir or Madam.