John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Hewlett-Packard printer was connected to my laptop

Customer Question

My Hewlett-Packard printer was connected to my laptop computer and printed beautifully, but now it seems to have disconnected itself
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Your word 'operating'
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried to restart my device's system and that seems to be when the printer didn't like me anymore
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: yes, I am an old lady and have only had a computer/printer for six months, so I need advice that I can understand please.
JA: OK got it. Last thing - Computer Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the model of the printer please?

Is it connected via a USB cable or wireless?

And which version of windows are you using?

Thank you