Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

I have an epson workforce 633 printer.. I have been having

Customer Question

I have an epson workforce 633 printer.. I have been having wifi problems and was able to get a new router, however when I turned on the printer to set it up the menu on the printer froze and the power, wifi and fax lights started flashing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its an epson
workforce 633 print/copy/fax/scan
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its about 7 yrs old
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer connecting to the wifi.

Let me know what operating system you have on the computer, windows or Mac

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

what is the version as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
windows 10
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the problem is that when I turn on the printer after about 5 seconds the power, wifi and fax auto answer light start flashing.. when this happens the whole panel on the printer freezes.. the menu doesnt work or any of the buttons i push, so I cant reset it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will you be able to help me??
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

reset the printer for Wlan on the panel

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
panel is frozen.. I can press buttons but nothing happens
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

unplug the power cable and the push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds while the power cable is out and then reconnect and try.

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.
  1. Press the Setup button.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wireless LAN and reset it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
did not work.. after it turned on I pressed the setup, selected network settings and that point the power, wifi and fax lights turned on and the panel froze
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

I will open the question to other experts as i am running out of ideas.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did as you said.. waited, plugged it back in, turned it on,, then 5 secs later it froze again.. power, wifi, fax lights started flashing
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you