Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Engineer
Experience:  Software Development Engineer

I have an Epson NX127 printer. I'm in the process of

Customer Question

Hi..I have an Epson NX127 printer. I'm in the process of changing an ink cartridge and when I do this I hit the print button and a block shows up telling me to print. The
block that usually shows up does have a Maintenance section to check taking me to
changing ink cartridge. How can I change my ink cartridge without going thru the
Maintenance section.?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your issue. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I'll be back with you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks..I will be waiting for your reply

You are welcome, sorry this is taking a bit longer than usual, I want to give you a correct and complete answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thanks...I'm on a fixed income and can't afford this amount..

I'm sorry - I'm not asking for any additional payment - I'm simply looking at information for your printer. Are you saying you don't want to work with me? I do not personally own an Epson printer, so I need to research the info for your exact model, which is why I haven't replied with your answer yet.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do want to work with you but if I check the sSecurely connect box it shows the Amount to be $39.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My printer is an Epson Stylus NX127..if this helps.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have to be away from my computer for the next 15 to 20 minutes so if you have any questions please ask them now.

Oh, we don't need to do the secure connect - that's just an add-on if you want me to connect to your computer. Same with phone calls. If we just talk here, there is no extra charge. So to confirm, you are trying to bypass the maintenance mode when changing ink? I'm not finding a way to do that. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question though...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You are correct..I'm trying to bypass the Maintenance mode when changing ink. The new Print block that shows up on my
computer no longer has a Maintenance mode to check to change ink cartridges...

So.... you just changed your ink cartridge and normally you have the maintenance mode appear when you do this, but now that you don't have it, even though you changed your ink physically, the printer isn't printing? Is that the issue you are trying to get help with? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Have you tried rebooting the computer and/or printer? I know it's super cliche to ask that, but oddly enough, it does actually help in a lot of situations because weird computer stuff gets flushed from RAM that way. So that may resolve this for you.

Did you upgrade your printer software recently?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not able to change my ink cartridges without the Maintenance mode is what I'm telling you. I have a new printing block that appears when I hit print on the computer but this new printing block does not show a Mainenance Mode at the top of the page. All It shows is General and Option.

Okay, then based on what you are saying I think what you want me to help you with is how to force it into maintenance mode. I believe that's what we'd want to do. Does that sound good to you?

I just checked and it appears you can physically change the cartridges without maintenance mode following this process:

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've tried this but nothing happens when I hit the stop button. It is supposed to move the cartridges to the empty one but it doesn't.

Did you try powering the printer off and then turning it back on? Sometimes that helps.

It could also have something jammed in the mechanism - I've seen that happen before also.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have turned the printer off and on but the stop button still does not move the cartridges

I apologize, but since I'm not as knowledgeable about Epson printer issues, I will opt out so another expert can walk you through getting this fixed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think that the printer is directly governed by the Maintenance mode and will only move when connected.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** your efforts on this..Jim