Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Error code B200

Customer Question

error code B200
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you dont want to try and repair the printhead, ( the part we need to repair or replace ) then you can skip to the end where ive included a link where you can purchase the correct printhead for under 40$

A lot of websites and experienced technicians see a B200 error and assume the printhead needs to be replaced.. While this is sometimes the case, and often is.. Its not the end all meaning and solution to that error.

It could be several possibilities.. The one I want to focus on is dirty nozzles, and dirty contacts on the printhead.. Heres the deal, since the printhead is useless and needs to be replaced unless we repair it.. Then we are free to take the steps we need to repair it because if we dont repair it, it has to be replaced.

Remove all ink cartridges, and then remove the printhead.. Note that on the bottom of the printhead there are extremely tiny nozzles.. This is where the ink comes out of.

One of these could be clogged, bent, or burnt or otherwise damaged.

What we want to do after we remove the printhead is soak it in a solution of windex and water, say 1 part windex to 3 parts water would suffice. If you dont have windex rubbing alochol will work, 1 part isoprpyll alcohol to 4 parts water.

We only want to soak the nozzles on the bottom of the printhead, Take care not to soak the electrical circuit board contacts where the printhead contacts the printer, or where the ink carts contact the printhead. Once we have let this soak for about an hour, while it is still wet. Take a old toothbrush and gently scrub the bottom of the nozzles. The idea is to remove any gummed up ink. Without bending or breaking the delicate nozzles on the bottom.

Once scrubbed, take that same lint free cloth, and now dip it in the cleaning solution we made and thoroughly clean the contacts on the printhead. Contacts for the ink cartridges inside the printhead and also the contacts where the printhead meets the printer itself. Once the printhead has been thouroughly cleaned, let it dry thoroughly.

Once dry, put it back in the printer, do not insert any ink cartridges yet.. Once the printhead is in, turn the printer on. If you still get the b200 error stop right here. You will need a new printhead which you can get here at a discount.

The new printhead will definitely fix the issue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.