John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Pixma 922 printer of Canon and it stuck on giving

Customer Question

Hello I have a Pixma 922 printer of Canon and it stuck on giving the demand that he only want to print a photo
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its very new and this is the first time
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Put it off and on, paper out and such
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no not that I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a Window Vista. Sorry I first missed the reply button.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Not a problem..

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How does that work ? I asking it for my mother in law. What do you need? Or Wil you call?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

If youre asking for your mother in law.. Do you have the printer and her computer in front of you, or are you at a different location?

The most optimal way for our support to work, would be if I could connect directly to the computer that is trying to print, or to email or speak directly with the person who is near the computer and printer.. It would be slow and difficult to try and fix the issue through a three party session.

Not sure how youd like to proceed after reading the above.

Dustin S