Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

In a Fuji E+Xerox DocuPrint CM225 fw I had a paper jam at

Customer Question

In a Fuji E+Xerox DocuPrint CM225 fw I had a paper jam at the end of the print run. I had to remove the covers to remove the crunched up paper. I am sure I ahve moved all the paper in that area. When I restarted the same message came up the same message as the original one appeared Pull out the paper Tray> Open rear cover. Lift the levers and remove the paper. I pressed the Clear All button for about 6 seconds and a blank sheet of paper has come through the machine which indicates that the system is clear. Fuji Xerox customer service says It is a hardware issue. However it is out of warranty by tow months. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Xerox is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint 225 fw about 14 months old. The error message is 077 900. It has printed less that 10,000 copies
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I removed the covers and cleared the jammed paper as indicated in my first message
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not at this stage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wrote that unplugging and then reconnecting the printer did not rectify the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I saw, but my instructions where to leave it unplugged for 10 minutes Ian.

Dud you do this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I left it unplugged for 15 to 20 minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

when you remove all the paper, does it still say it has a paper jam?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My answer yesterday was that there was no paper left in the machine. However for some reason my answer does not appear to have gone through to Richard.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

No it did not come through sorry.

Can you remove the power cord from the socket then all trays and wipe along the guide paths where they slide it.

Clean it internally as well as possible.

Once done, let it dry for 20 minutes, connect it all back up, connect the power and turn it on.

Tell me what message you then get please