Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.

Have a Canon MF 4150 combined

Customer Question

Have a Canon MF 4150 combined printer/fax/scanner/photocopier. Have just bought a new laptop with Windows 10. It cannot recognise the printer and message comes up that driver is not available
Dont see why I should have to pay for this call as this is a Canon product issue
Category: Printers
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Carl and welcome to Just Answer. The reason you are being requested to pay for this service is because this isn't technical support from Canon. You are paying for an independent technician to help you with your Printer problem. I own a very successful Electronic Repair Store in Florida USA and love helping people on the side when I get some free time. I've seen just about every windows 10 printer issue on my work bench and could help you make better sense of what's wrong if you're ok with spending a few dollars. I would be happy to help either here on the chat page, over the phone during my business hours (Mon-Fri: 10-6 EST), or Remote Support. My page says you're in Australia so the time difference might be an issue for calling during those hours. I don't give out my Cell Number. Let me know if you would like some help and I'll look more into your exact model and Windows 10. :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Carl
Thanks for your explanation and reply. "Getting together" is going to be a problem so I think that it is better if we cancel my request. Please see that I am not charged.
Thanks Vivian
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

Hi Vivian,

Getting together over the phone was the only issue. I'm still available now for chat or remote support. While I was waiting on your response I did some digging and you can get your MF4150 to work with Windows 10 but you have to set the Canon Toolbox Software that comes with the Driver Package to compatibility mode. I could give you some instructions on how to do this yourself or I can offer to do it for you remotely as a premium service. It's totally your call though on whether you would like to continue or not but it would be cheaper getting this to work than it would purchasing a new printer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Carl - this is good to know
However, I have to go to a meeting now so will have to get back to you if necessary
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

No Problem. I'll receive an email when you write back.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 months ago.

Hi Vivian,

Did you still need any help with this? If you do, I would be more than happy to help you further!

If things are good at this point, please do me a huge favor and rate me 3 stars or higher so I am credited for this Question. If you find that you need to ask me for more help on this after rating me, you can ask me as many followup questions as you need at no extra charge.