Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just got and setup a new laptop (Windows 10) and now need

Customer Question

I just got and setup a new laptop (Windows 10) and now need to get it to recognize my HP C4780 printer (and vice versa). I have had the printer for 6 years and it was connected to my previous laptop. When I click on Add Printer on the new laptop, it does not show the printer as an option even though the 2 are physically connected (as the printer was physically connected to the other laptop using the USB port). I have the CD for the guided printer setup - do I need to use that again to set it up for the new laptop? Thanks.
Karen Brocha ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Most likely, the cd does not have the windows 10 software and drivers for your printer on it, since you purchased the printer 6 years ago.

So, what we want to do is download the full featured software and driver package for that printer, for windows 10, on this page

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-C4700-All-in-One-Printer-series/3794613/model/3794614

Use that to install the printer, and it should run fine on your windows 10 machine.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.