Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I just got and setup a new laptop (Windows 10) and now need

Customer Question

I just got and setup a new laptop (Windows 10) and now need to get it to recognize my HP C4780 printer (and vice versa). I have had the printer for 6 years and it was connected to my previous laptop. When I click on Add Printer on the new laptop, it does not show the printer as an option even though the 2 are physically connected (as the printer was physically connected to the other laptop using the USB port). I have the CD for the guided printer setup - do I need to use that again to set it up for the new laptop? Thanks.
Karen Brocha ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Most likely, the cd does not have the windows 10 software and drivers for your printer on it, since you purchased the printer 6 years ago.

So, what we want to do is download the full featured software and driver package for that printer, for windows 10, on this page

Use that to install the printer, and it should run fine on your windows 10 machine.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.