WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

Epson 835 tries to print, but no ink comes out ... colors.

Customer Question

Epson 835 tries to print, but no ink comes out ... for all colors. Head cleaning did not help. There is a trace of the image but it is barely perceptible.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson Artisan 835 ... about 4 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Head Cleaning ... checked ink levels all good.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It was working fine previously ... there was no slow degradation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.

How long before you replaced the ink did the printer sit idle.

Has it been a while since you printed?

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.

This problem happens most of the time when the printer does not print for a while, even less than 1 week.
The problem is that the print head is clogged. You did the right thing by running the head cleaning several times. It does use up a lot of ink.

Since you have ran the head cleaning already, the next step is to replace the print head since it is clogged beyond normal cleaning.

If your printer is still under warranty, you can get a free replacement through Epson warranty.

If your printer is not under warranty, you can order a replacement print head from Epson parts directly. Usually around $40.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.

I will remain online in this chat window if you need additional help so I can assist further.
Please rate my answer based on your satisfaction and help received.
Thank you.