John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I can print individual documents by hand, but cannot print

Customer Question

I can print individual documents by hand, but cannot print documents, etc. from my computer. I have W-Fi and Bright House keeps telling me that it is the printer, not them.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP PHOTOSMART 5520, Print, Scan Copy, Web, approximately 3 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only called Bright House three times - we have a new Bright House Modem, but they keep telling me it is working.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of right now...Thank you very much.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,