GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Please help me install my Canon CP1200

Customer Question

Please help me install my Canon CP1200
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. My name is*****'d be happ to help you with this. What operating system do you have on your computer?

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WINDOWS 10 64 BIT
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've paid a couple of days ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to provide detailed written instructions, or if you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry, but if you've already paid, you'll either need to contact the previous expert who worked on this for you, or...if they did not satisfactorily complete the job, contact customer service to request a refund, so you can pay someone else to take care of it for you. There does not appear to be a compatible Windows 10 driver, however, if you install it in compatibility mode you should be able to get it to work.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I realize that the previous expert gave you a download link, but...I have attached a screenshot from the Canon website showing that there is no recommended download for Windows 10 64 bit. As I mentioned previously, there is a very good possibility that if you install it in compatibility mode it will work properly. If this information has been helpful to you, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

My apologies. I neglected to attach the screenshot.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Good morning! I'm following up to see if you were able to successfully get your printer to work with Windows 10. If not, please let me know and I will connect to your computer at no additional charge to assist you. Please advise.