Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

My printer is Lexmark X5650 Problem: A job has been sitting

Customer Question

My printer is Lexmark X5650
Problem: A job has been sitting on "Deleting" for two days now. How can I get rid of it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Usually turning off the printer and unplugging it for a few seconds should work. If that didn't work, then follow the steps below;

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enter

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Stop.

Then press Windows and R to bring run again and type the following command press enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Delete all files from the resulting window (from the resulting Printers folder)

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Start. Try to print now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.