VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I HAVE JUST REGISTERED MY NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS WITH A NEW

Customer Question

I HAVE JUST REGISTERED MY NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS WITH A NEW PASSWORD ***** I'M TRYING TO INSTALL PRINTER SOFTWARE. IT'S ASKING ME FOR MY PASSWORD ***** IT WON'T ACCEPT THE NEW ONE. HOW CAN I RECTIFY THIS?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

Now, it is possible to reset the Password ***** to the Factory Defaults:

To reset the Printers Password.

1. Double-click on the printer icon on the desktop to open the HP Printer Assistant.

2. Click on the "Printer Home Page (EWS)" option.

3. This will open a web page with the printer. Click on the "Settings" tab on top.

4. On the right, under "Security" click on "Password *****". (Verify the page if you are asked to.)

5. Type the password ***** want in both password ***** (or leave it blank if you do not want a password) and hit "Apply".

You will need to do this step before the above Password *****:

How do I reset HP Officejet 8625 to factory settings?

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup.
  2. Touch Tools.
  3. Touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the printer defaults have been restored.
  4. Touch OK.