John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MX882 WiFi multifunction prints OK but no longer scans. I

Customer Question

My MX882 WiFi multifunction prints OK but no longer scans. I suspect a recent Windows 10 critical update
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Pixma MX882. About 3 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Scanned OK about a month ago.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. I am an experienced technical support specialist, and I have solved hundreds of printer connectivity issues. I can show you how to remedy this issue by following my detailed instructions, so that you will be able to repeat the procedure yourself if and when the issue reappears.