John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I bought a Canon PIXMA MX490 Printer/Scanner/Fax this

Customer Question

I bought a Canon PIXMA MX490 Printer/Scanner/Fax this morning. I have an important Fax that should have been sent yesterday (for my new employer). I have been trying for at least 3 1/2 hours to get it set up and have had NO Success. Can you please help me?
Thanks!!
Very Frustrated
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Sandy.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) Is this a dedicated fax line, or a shared voice/fax line?
2) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)
3) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

4) Are you able to RECEIVE faxes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't appreciate ur $18 charge for nothing! I called Canon Tech Support 1-800# & he helped me solve the problem for FREE!!!��
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Sandy, this is a PAID tech support service, and intended to be a conversation. I replied to your initial question within 1 minute and asked you for some details necessary to provide you with an answer, but did not hear back from you to be able to help further.

You paid your fee to the site per the agreed upon terms. All account and billing matters are handled through the site on the help page.