VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

My Apple Computer has stopped working, it has and yellow

Customer Question

My Apple Computer has stopped working, it has white and yellow vertical lines on the screen.
What is causing this?
Regards *****
Ulladulla NSW
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Ja for your support needs. Happy to assist you today with this issue.

Can you tell me what the iMAC was doing just before this issue occurred?

Please perform the following, Sir or Madam:

Using Apple Hardware Test

1. Shut down your computer. Then, press the power button to turn it back on.
  2. Press and hold the D key before the gray startup screen appears.
  3. It takes a minute or so for AHT to start up and inspect your hardware configuration. While this is taking place, an icon appears on the screen:
  4. When the process is complete, select your language and click the right arrow. If you aren't using a mouse, you can use the up and down arrows to select a language and then press the Return key.
  5. The AHT console appears. You can choose which sort of test or tests to perform:
    • To perform all of the basic tests, click the Test button or press the "T" key or the Return key.
    • To perform a more thorough diagnostic test, select the "Perform extended testing" checkbox under the Test button before you click the Test button.

Note: Your test results will appear in the window in the bottom-right of the console.

6. To exit AHT, click Restart or Shut Down at the bottom of the window.