Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.

I have a MG5765 air printer which I cannot get to print a

Customer Question

I have a MG5765 air printer which I cannot get to print a word document from my iPad..can u help please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with your issue.

Has it ever worked at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it has
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1 week ago I have recently bought the printer & require assistance in getting it to work. Can you help me with this or do you simply credit my account with monies paid?

Ok. I can assist you with the issue. When the problem first started how did it happen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have just bought the printer & I'm having difficulty in starting it up...can u help with directions - if not, that's fine ... Simply credit my account with monies paid.. Regards.. ***** ******
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The question has not been answered - please credit monies paid

I will opt out to allow others to assist you. You could answer questions that are asked of you, It would help a lot as to resolving the issue.

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I can help you with directions; we guarantee our service.

Was there any change recently to your internet service / internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please give me some time for writing all the solutions. If it does not work, please answer all my questions above, and let me know if you are stuck at any step or if there is any error or message, then I can troubleshoot the issue further. Thank you.

Please try the followings:

Solution #1:

- Turn off printer, then disconnect the power cord from your printer

, then disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then wait a couple of minutes more

, then re-connect power cord to your printer, then turn on printer

, wait a few minutes, and see if you can print.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, on the iPad, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check printing.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, on the printer, please do the following steps:

1. On the Home screen of the printer, press the press the up or down arrows until the option LAN settings appears. Then press the function key underneath it.
  2. Use the down arrow to select option Wireless LAN setup and press OK.
  3. Use the arrows to select option Standard setup and press OK.
  4. Then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name.
  5. If prompted, enter your wi-fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.
  6. If successful, check printing.

- Note 1: If you have trouble with doing the wireless setup process above on the printer, then on the iPad, install the app Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY in App Store, then use that app to set up your printer; you can follow the steps at the website below:

- Note 2: If there is issue with your wi-fi / wireless password ***** passphrase / key, please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device to see if it's there (it is case-sensitive.) If there is still issue with your wi-fi / wireless password, do not do the Solution #4 below. Just let me know.

Solution #4:

- If needed, on the iPad, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name

, then check printing.

When you are available, please reply back to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thello Viet..... thank you for your response, I am 74 & I realize the answer is probably quite simple.. This is a new printer & I really don't know which buttons to press.. I'm printing from my iPad, I have a portable hot spot connected to my phone... I installed the app suggested but can't find where to find .. Setup printer & the next step.. I am attempting to print a document from Word... The words coming up on the screen are...copy, scan, cloud.. I wish to print out a document & have been hilighting "copy" is that correct? There's lots of noises coming from the printer when I press the start button but the paper comes out blank..the machine is Pixma MG5765... Which I mentioned to the previous technician.. I appreciate your prompt service & pleasant manner - thank you.. ***** ******. Ps.. Realize how exasperating it must be for you ! Me too!

I'm sorry. If the printer's wireless setup is fine, then when you print from the iPad, you do not touch anything on the printer; you just need to make sure the printer is powered on, then it should print automatically when you ask it to print from the iPad.

- Please let me know the followings:

1. When you try each of my four solutions above, are you stuck at any step? Is there any error or message?

2. If you put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass (not printing from your iPad), does it make a copy fine (use the Copy option)?

3. What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,