Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I have a docuprint cp105b printer that stopped working. It

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a docuprint cp105b printer that stopped working. It was fine yesterday, but oday there's an error sign on the printer. i tried following one of your colleagues suggestion of changing the yellow print cartridge, etc but it didn't make a difference. Any suggestions?
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Fuji Xerox DocuPrnt CP105b and it approximately 18 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning off the printer, opening the rear door, holding start and cancel job at same time, turning on printer, releasing start and cancel bob buttons, closing rear door. Same error sign came back on
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not at this stage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your printer. Can you tell me please what the error message is that you see on the printer? Is the error message displayed on the printer itself or on the computer or both?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Alison. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. The printer started working properly again, but has now returned to its previous error on the computer and is no longer working.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that the error recurred. Can you tell me please what the exact error message is? Is the error message displayed only on the printer itself or on only the computer or on both the printer and the computer? I would recommend that we check to make sure that you have latest version of the printer driver. Can you tell me please what your operating system is?

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

I will also check for any firmware updates that there may be for the printer, while I wait for your response.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Alison. It's only on the printer itself. I have windows 10 and realised that once I'd upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, i also no longer received the icon on the computer when printing, informing me of how much ink in each cartridge was available.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Ahhh. Ok. Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to research and see if there are any compatibility issues. Hopefully there will be a software driver specifically for Windows 10.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

You're very welcome. There is a driver for windows 10. You can download it here. Once thi sis installed and you have rebooted both the printer and the computer, your problem should be resolved. You may want to uninstall the printer, restart, the pc, and then install the new driver to avoid any potential conflicts.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok i've downloaded the driver, uninstalled the printer, rebooted the computer and printer, but still the error sign on the printer remains and nothing prints
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

can you tell me please exactly what error message says? or is it a symbol of some sort?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is an exclamation mark on the printer in orange
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Ok. Thank you for that information. Please click on the link below to access a pdf copy of the user manual.!AisZfE3miTeJgYQvMnjPpqzj5ehDLw

You can simply view it or you can save it to your computer for future reference. There is an entire section on troubleshooting in the manual. I am currently reviewing it for you as well as the Fuji Xerox online troubleshooting guides. I hope to have an answer for you shortly.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I apologize but I am going to need to opt out and see if another expert can help. You may need to call for service on this.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

is the error on the printer itself or on the computer ?

is it connected by usb cable to the computer or is it a wifi or ethernet connection to the network ?