JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Turned my printer on...XP-610 and it said it had a scanner

Customer Question

Turned my printer on...XP-610 and it said it had a scanner problem to turn it off and back on again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Is your printer connected to your network wirelessly?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Okay. Please disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer without turning it off.

Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Wait a few minutes. Then press and hold the power button for a minimum of 60 seconds and, while holding the power button, reconnect the power cable and keep holding the power button for a minimum of another 60 seconds. Release the power button. Please let me know if the problem has been solved by this simple procedure.

Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, I must tell you that if the problem persists, it indicates a hardwa failure in the scanner mechanism on your printer. You already knew that from your error message, but, I regret to inform you, that this problem can only be resolved by exercising your warranty rights. If your printer is out of warranty, your best option is to replace it with a new printer, since the repair costs would exceed the cost of a new all-in-one printer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was afraid of that. Thank you!
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

You are welcome. I hope that my advice has been helpful to you in confirming your own conclusion. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!