Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

My PIxma printer ends blank sheets and color light remains

Customer Question

My PIxma printer ends blank sheets and color light remains on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: It is fairly new, I would guess about 2 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much, it has always worked until about 4 days ago
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: my provider, Comcast, recently changed over to Xfinity system, and I want my Internet Explorer e-mail back; perhaps my trying to fix this had something to do with the Printer; I suppose not.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!