Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I can seem to get my Brother MFC 7360N printer to work on my

Customer Question

HI, I can seem to get my Brother MFC 7360N printer to work on my Mac. It used to and then I replaced the tanner and the Drum, and now it is off Line and I cant get my computer to locate it and if it dies it says its 'offline', thanks
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother MFC-7360N and its about 5 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reloaded the software, changed the USB Cable, Turned the machine off and unplugged it for a day.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HiCustomerThank you for your email, I have done the steps you suggested, however there are no printers in the list to add back into the system. It gives me no choice of a printer. thoughts?
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

No printers means the printer is not detected by the computer. Remove the USB cable from both printer and the computer and reconnect it again properly. Use a different USB port on your computer.

Then, try adding the printer again. Let me know the response.

Thank you.