Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Engineer
Experience:  Software Development Engineer

I had to buy a refurbished laptop with windows 10 on it. My

Customer Question

I had to buy a refurbished laptop with windows 10 on it. My canon mg 5300 printer still works on my old laptop with windows 7. It was working for a couple of days on the new computer with windows 10; then intermittently, now not at all. I think it stopped after I downloaded AVG, but I'm not sure.Won't work with windows 10.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message during the reinstallation of the printer's driver / software?

Is the printer connected to the laptop with a USB printer cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
N (o error message during or after installation. When I try to print something from Word, for example, I get a 2 - 3 minute wait, then a message than "printer cannot print Word *** (whatever). Then a message than printer is in an error state. I was able to print a page off the internet. Also, out of the 15 times I tried, it did print a Word doc once. No idea which install might have worked, but it only worked for the one try, at any rate. Also, I turned dsl modems off and back on then tried etc etc. Everything I could think of.

Thank you. Is there a cable connected from the printer to the computer? Or is the connection wireless?

Does the internet always print fine?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
wireless connection. I tried a remote session with a fix-it outfit once. the computer hung, they didn't contact me, I couldn't turn the computer off or on or access anything. Had to buy new computer. (not worth more money. I had already paid them. No way to get refund) so am very skeptical about remote sessions.
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 4 months ago.

If AVG was the problem, this might solved it:

My name is ***** ***** I hope this works for you let me know if not!