Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My vupoint printer is jammed. Having difficulty removing

Customer Question

My vupoint printer is jammed. Having difficulty removing cartridge to replace jammed one.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Vupoint Ip-p20-vp. Just purchased as refurbished. Printed 1 pic well then went off printing crooked.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to remove cartridge
JA: The camera expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Camera Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please describe what sort of crooked printing your printer produced.

Also describe what's wrong with the cartridge, where it sticks, why it is jammed, and what cartridge it is, please.

And, did you put the cartridge in the printer yourself, or did the printer come with it?

And, could the cartridge be left there for now, or is it half-removed but stuck where it is? and thus unusable.

If it is half-removed but can't be removed any farther, try pushing it back into place, and get back to me with the requested information... perhaps the problem can be solved without taking the cartridge out.

If there was anything at all ersatz or cheap about the cartridge... for instance, if it was a 'compatible' cartridge, or refilled or remanufactured... the problem may simply be in that the cartridge wasn't good enough quality for the printer to work with it.

(If so, with my advice, we ought to be able to remove it eventually.)