Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have the same issue as the question I just googled and

Customer Question

I have the same issue as the question I just googled and found replied to here. I have a Brother MFC 9320CW. I've had it for a few years. No issues at all. Recently, the copy function has gone to crap. Printer and scanner are fine. The produce images like they always have. But the copy function produces copies that are so light that they are barely legible sometimes.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have tried adjusting the resolution, contrast, etc. It isn't that. I've also recently replaced all the drums.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Its an MFC 9320CW. Approximately 2-3 years old. I have adjusted every setting that it is possible to adjust. Quality, brightness, contrast, color adjust. They are all now currently back to their original mid-range settings. I also replaced all the drums thinking that might be the problem. No change in copy quality after changing drums.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

If you have tried adjusting all possible settings, and returned all settings to their factory defaults but that does not work either, and you have also changed the drums, then there may be a software glitch causing this.

Try updating the firmware on the machine and let me know if that helps:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc9320cw_all