Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a sharp AR M355N copier. It is copying rough. The

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I have a sharp AR M355N copier. It is copying rough. The bottom part of the page is faded. I have tried all the regular cleaning methods including replacing the drum. It still is doing it, please advise thank you
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have followed everything in the book, and online still I cannot figure it out
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not at the moment but thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the fading down the page is not cured by drum replacement, not affected at all really, then you either have a problem with your toner cartridge (possibly damp toner, in need of shaking up, by removing the cartridge and shaking it swayingly some to break up clumps), or you have a power supply that can't support the needed voltages for the whole 1-page worth of printing activity.

At least, those are possible causes to look into.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you I will try everything you have suggested. I will get back to you as soon as I have done those things talk soon Casey.

OK Casey, thanks for letting me know. Get back to me about the Sharp machine at your convenience.