John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Canon MX922 lower tray keeps sticking then an error message

Customer Question

Canon MX922 lower tray keeps sticking then an error message says no paper in tray.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Just purchased it April of this year.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. Just kept trying to pull the tray out and put it back in. Very hard to pull out. Same message kept coming i[/
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** your description, it seems the problem is related to a sensor which detects the papers, the sensor is a micro switch which is placed in the path of the paper. Now, as you are facing two problems at once , it means the switch is loose from its place and causing the tray problem.

This type of problem has become very common nowadays because most of the manufacturers are manufacturing the printer with low-quality parts, just to make the printer cheaper and the end user are facing this type of problem on a regular basis. You are lucky that the problem started within the warranty period, you can get the printer replaced from Canon free of cost.

If you try to repair the printer at home then, the warranty will be void and you will not get the replacement. If you still want to repair the printer at home then, let me know otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.