Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Engineer
Experience:  Software Development Engineer
94796889

I have a LaserJet CM1415fnw that gives the "Load paper"

Customer Question

I have a LaserJet CM1415fnw that gives the "Load paper" error when the paper drawer is loaded and ready to use. I don't know what to do!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hmmm. Well, it's at least 5 years old and, after the model reads (C2DDD8) f that's any help. When I go to the "About HP LJ" menu, it says PrinterProxy version 11.4 (511.3).
JA: Huh?
Customer: Yes, I don't really know where to look. It's around 5 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning off the printer and unplugging it, reloading the printer driver, taking out the paper tray and putting it back in again.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, that's all I've got.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help you get your printer working. Printers can be so tricky. :)

I did some research on your error for the model you have and found two links I think you will find helpful. They walk you through the process of cleaning and resetting the printer. If you are sure you don't have a paper jam, just skip all that stuff and go to where it tells you how to reset things. If ANYTHING on those links doesn't make sense, please don't hesitate to ask for some more help and I'll give you assistance.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-Pro-CM1415-Color-Multifunction-Printer-series/4089171/model/4089467/document/c02713441/

(You prob want to start with the section "Solution two: Reset the printer, check the print settings, and print a cleaning page")

This tells you how to clean the printer if you need to:

If that gives you the info you need to get printing, great! I would really appreciate a rating if so. Otherwise, just let me know you need more help and I will keep working with you to get your problem solved.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ben.Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately, this addressses the Automatic Document Feeder on the top of the printer. My problem is that the paper tray---even while in place--doesn't register and I get a "load paper" error reading.Don't worry about it. I'll keep working on it....Mary

Hey Mary, this might help: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02206103

I meant to paste that link in my last reply to you. Instead I managed to paste the same link twice. :)