John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I keep getting an error that says my WF-2540 is out of

Customer Question

I keep getting an error that says my WF-2540 is out of paper.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model # ***** ***** about 3 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried reloading paper in different amounts. Turning on and off, hitting reset button. Made sure that there was no paper jammed in any location
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you face this problem while printing from the PC or while making copies ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One sheet of paper feeds all of the way through without printing or copying. Then I get the error message of Paper Out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Forget it. This is a rip-off to get me to spend a lot of money I don't want to spend.

Sorry, I do not understand, why do you think this is a rip-off ?

If you have thought that, this is a free service then, I am extremely sorry for that confusion. No repair shop will also tell you , what is wrong without charging you and the money you are spending on this site is much lower than that charge.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

does the out of paper error come up on the computer or the printer ?