Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I ORDERED INK CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENTS FROM AMAZON.COM.

Customer Question

I ORDERED INK CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENTS FROM AMAZON.COM. INSTEAD OF BLACK AND WHITE PRINTING, THE PRINTING IS GREENISH AND UNATTRACTIVE. ARE THERE ANY ALTERNATIVES INSTEAD OF RETURING THE ENTIRE REPLACEMENT WITH 4 EACH OF EVERY COLOR CARTRIDGE?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: IT IS A CANON PIXMA MX922
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I DID ORDER REPLACEMENT FROM 2 DIFFERENT FIRMS. I INTERCHANGED THE BK AND PGBK CARTRIDGES FROM EITHER SOURCE, YET GOT THE SAME GREENISH PRINTING RESULTS. I PRESENTLY PLAN ON RETURNING EVERYTHING FOR A FULL REFUND AND PURCHASE 1 SET OF INK CARTRIDGES FOR $80. 4 FULL SETS COST $33.00 FROM AMAZON.COM. 2 FULL SETS COST 25.00 FROM AMAZON.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Were those genuine canon cartridges, or generic/refilled ones?

You list multiple prices, so I assume the cheap ones are the generics, were you using those prior to the problem happening too?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
These were generic ink cartridges and not the original. I purchased from AMAZON.COM.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NO, I do not prefer you connect to my computer. I have used other generic CANON ink cartridges, but this is first time the greenish ink printing has occured.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for confirming, Lawrence.

Generic inks often do not work well, or at all. They have only about a 60% success rate, meaning out of every 10 you buy, you can expect at least 4 of them to not work.

Generics save money, but only in the short term, as they actually damage your printer, causing the printhead nozzles to wear out about 3 times faster than using the proper oem inks; because the pigments in the generics are inconsistent and not properly sized, they quickly lead to clogs and damage.

At this point, I would recommend you return all of the generic inks, purchase and install a set of the proper canon ink, and then do the printhead cleaning function from the settings menu several times. You can get the correct ink here: http://amzn.to/28HWA8n

Remote connection is an automated ad, and optional, and would not be productive in this situation.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nathan, your transmission did not go thru. It signified "error" in transmission. Since the printing for B&w lettering was printing greenish, I kept changing the BK and PGBK ink cartridges, without luck.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I will resend. Note though that you have to interact on the website, reading my replies or responding via email won't work.

Thank you for confirming, Lawrence. Generic inks often do not work well, or at all. They have only about a 60% success rate, meaning out of every 10 you buy, you can expect at least 4 of them to not work.Generics save money, but only in the short term, as they actually damage your printer, causing the printhead nozzles to wear out about 3 times faster than using the proper oem inks; because the pigments in the generics are inconsistent and not properly sized, they quickly lead to clogs and damage. At this point, I would recommend you return all of the generic inks, purchase and install a set of the proper canon ink, and then do the printhead cleaning function from the settings menu several times. You can get the correct ink here: http://amzn.to/28HWA8n Remote connection is an automated ad, and optional, and would not be productive in this situation.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The website is a scam. It offers assistance for $5, then provides bogus assistance and charges addition unauthorized funds against the credit card info provided. The public needs to be protected against these scam artists.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I assure you this is a legitimate support service, we help thousands of people with tech and other issues each day.

You can read through all the terms and conditions and review as well where it shows several times through the sign up process that you pay the deposit to post your question and the remainder of the fee you agreed to upon corresponding with an expert.

I'm here to help you and provide you with information to resolve the problem.

You have defective cartridges, there is nothing I can do to magically fix a bad cartridge, they have to be replaced. After that point the internal cleaning will clear out the bad ink.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?