Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers

I have a Canon MX882 Pixma that is giving me an error code

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX882 Pixma that is giving me an error code B200, Printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord & contact the service center.. We have unplugged several times. Then we plugged into a different outlet. It failed to print another time and Staples would not even look at it to see if it would light up. So we plugged it into a different outlet and it started fine. Then plugged it back to where the computer is and it was fine. But this time it will not work but gives this error message. I do not have a service center. What do I do please??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

The B200 error indicates that the printhead assembly as well as the Logic board has overheated and shorted out. The printhead and logic board needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.

The printhead and logic board are very expensive, unfortunately the cost of repairs may be more than a new printer itself. If your unit is under warranty then you can get it repaired from CANON free of cost.

I am extremely sorry for giving you a bad news. I just wanted to be completely honest with you.

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Please take your time to rate this answer positively by clicking on of the stars at the top > then click submit.

Thank you for using JustAnswer; it's been my pleasure to serve you today. We'll hope to see you again in the future; between now and then, I wish you a pleasant day and a quick solution to this problem.