Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

How are you? : : I am experiencing canon printer issue with

Customer Question

Hi, how are you?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: My name is Apollo
JA: What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I am experiencing canon printer issue with imageclass d420
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, it's been 5 years, I guess
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Ever since I got a new computer this year, the printer can print, but cannot scan.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Connect me with the expert, please
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I bought a new computer this year and connected it with my old canon imageclass d420, I could print but could not scan. I tried many many times to reinstall the drivers and also search online for drivers. It seems that the issue still persists. I would like you to help me solve this issue. Thanks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Download and install the toolbox from this page

O nce installed, start the canon toolbox and attempt to scan from the toolbox.. Will it let you scan that way or do you get an error?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried this website and downloaded both and installed on my computer, somehow, they did not work. I will probably try one more time and see what happens.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

When you open and run the toolbox..

And then use the t oolbox to try to scan, if it isnt working it should give an error.. What error does it give?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The toolbox wouldn't even open this time.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

It may be best if you and I connect via a secure remote connection, so I can work on this issue directly and try to repair it for you.

Im sending that offer now, its a guaranteed offer meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund.

Once that offer is clicked and accepted I will send the connection steps.

Dustin S