Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Sorry getting back to this; I had a visitor to say goodbye

Customer Question

Sorry getting back to this; I had a visitor to say goodbye to. My problem is that I had an Epson XP -420 that I was very happy with, but had to replace it. This printer, which I ordered from is practically identical -- XP Home XP-420 AIO Printer. My daughter visited me & installed the new printer. We were able to print from my computer and to use as a stand alone copier. However, now the paper jams (paper only pulls thru on the right side of the page, whether from pc or as copier.) I don't know if it is broken or not. I have the box to return it it, but the packing slip with labels was missing until a few days ago. I don't know whether I will have t purchase a new printer or not. Is this one not compatible with laptop? It should be possible to adjust it, as making copies on the flatbed scanner previously worked. Please help me.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't have any other paperwork on this one. The page I do have shows: Order Number DO083805802 .The order date is 02/03/2016. The Customer Code is OC00838058022-02. Customer P.O. Number is ***** (Front of printer says: EPSON XP-420)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: On page for sheet feeder, Do Not Change is highlighted in yellow. I thought it would work; it started to print, but the paper is still jammed. Error code:OxF1
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I can't think of anything. I'm not sure the inkjet cartridges are in the right place, tho'.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** problem you are facing is not caused due to compatibility issues, this is a hardware problem and that is why you are facing the same problem while using the copy function. Now, the last solution for this problem is replacing or repairing the printer, but before that, follow the steps below and let me know.

Remove all the papers from the tray.

Try to push a thick paper like a card or something like that through the paper feeding path.

Check for anything which dislodge, because the problem can be caused due to defective rollers or if something is blocked between the rollers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What would you do in my position?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

As I said this is a hardware problem, so remote support will not help in this situation. That is why I did not accept the remote support offer. Did you try the steps, which I suggested ?