Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Error message C000 on a Pixma printer...what do I need to

Customer Question

error message C000 on a Pixma printer...what do I need to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Thats a very vague error, we need to try the following to clear the error or to get the machine to show the actual error its having.

Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).

3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.

5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.

6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

If the above procedure does not resolve the C000 error, let me know~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.